Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Book Meme

One book that changed your life: "Song of the Sparrow" by Murray Bodo. I'm sure it's out of print now, but it set me on a completely different direction in my life.


One book you’ve read more than once twice: "Leaves of Grass" by Walt Whitman. I carried this book everywhere with me when I was a daffy teenager.


One book you’d want on a desert island:
"Divine Intimacy" and the Bible. Oh, and how about "One Hundred Years of Solitude" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. I could reread that into oblivion.


One book that made you laugh: "The World According to Garp" by John Irving had me in stitches. I find his later books to be way too dark for my taste, however.


One book that made you cry: "The Joy Luck Club" by Amy Tan


One book you wish you had written: "David Copperfield" by Charles Dickens.


One book you wish had never been written: Oh... most of Stephen King.


One book you’re currently reading: "Jesus of Nazareth" by Benedict XVI and The "Hamstead Mystery" by John Watson. I love the old, OLD mysteries on Librivox.org


One book you’ve been meaning to read: C.S. Lewis' "Mere Christianity"

No comments: